Monday 21 March 2011

dealing with suicidal thoughts

I want to talk to anyone who may have struggled with suicidal thoughts in the past or who is dealing with this in their lives now. I really felt that I didn't have the right to write about this but I believe God wants me to so I'm going to go ahead but please remember I'm not a counselor or pastor, but I have dealt with suicidal thoughts before so I have some experience.

When I was a teenager  I had a difficult time, didn't we all? I was unhappy at school  and I was miserable at home. I believed noone loved me. I know now that was untrue, but teenagers aren't the most logical of people. I felt that I was unloved and unwanted and I withdrew from the people I loved, till I was locked into my own little world most of the time. I still interacted with people  but apart from one friend I didn't' really share myself with anyone and noone knew how I was feeling except they knew I was unhappy. Suicide seemed the easy way out to me, but every time I seriously contemplated it, when i got to the point of holding a knife in my hand, I wouldn't go through with it. I would always hear God's still small voice telling me not to do it, that life was a precious gift. I can really say that if not for my faith I wouldn't be  here today.

if you or anyone you know is dealing with thoughts of suicide then you or they need professional help and should get it as soon as possible. this isn't something to mess around with, if you or someone you know is seriously feeling suicidal don't wait but get help now. I can't stress that enough. it's not enough just to talk to someone who is dealing with this, though it's not a bad thing to do, but someone who is seriously contemplating this feels so hopeless and so sure that this is the only way that they might not even attend to what you say.

The person going through this needs a lot of prayer both now and later, when they may feel shame at what they planned to do.  They need god's help and your prayers.

And now a word for someone who has dealt with suicidal thoughts in the past. If you're a Christian you know that we have an enemy who wants to pull us down. Shame is one of the weapons he uses. If you have asked God to forgive you for suicidal thoughts then you are forgiven. Don't let the enemy try to make you feel bad or keep you in chains of guilt and shame. bring these thoughts to God and ask his help in dealing with them. Remember that god loves you and he understands everything that you have gone through.

I hope my message has been helpful to someone. May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment