Tuesday 18 October 2011

rishie's Ramblings 29 September-18 October

Thursday, September 29, 2011 05:41:33 PM
Today was a rainy and horrible sort of day, a day borrowed from winter. I managed to get all I needed to get done and I was able to order a new bed, since mine is falling apart.  I will be sleeping  with my head at the foot of the be because this end is a bit more stable.

this afternoon I was talking to my little cousin Georgia on Facebook. I am going to stay with my cousin Nicole, who is Georgia's Mumn, next weekend. I always enjoy visiting them.

Well that's about all I have for today and I'm getting tired anyway. Tonight I will be trying a sleeping aid i got fro the health food shop, I can't remember what's in the tablets but I hope they will help me.
god bless you all.


Wednesday, October 05, 2011 04:40:09 AM


I was just reading from a devotional book called "our daily bread" that someone sent us in braille. I felt inspired when I read about a Mum who took 5 minutes each morning before her kids went off to school, to pray for each of them by name. Other kids in the  neighbourhood  joined the prayer circle when they happened to be around. What an inspiration! Sometimes it's the little things that make so much difference!
I want to share 2 quotes that were quoted in that article:
The issue isn't how much time
We spend with God in prayer,
But seeking him throughout each day
And knowing that he's there [Sper]

Prayer is an acknowledgement of our need for god [Unknown]

I was challenged by that first quote. I have 2 prayer and bible study sessions a day and I try to start each hour with meditating on a bible verse for a minute or two, [I'm not boasting I'm just explaining something, we each have our own ways of approaching time with God,] but I was challenged about seeking him through the day and knowing that he's there, not just in my prayer times and things. We don't' just give God part of our day, we need to give him all of it. We can acknowledge god while talking with friends or doing shopping or making something to eat or whatever we're doing, and if we find that we can't acknowledge god in something that we're doing then maybe we need to think about whether we should be doing that thing.

O Abba father, thank you that you are always with me at any time of the day or night, whenever I call to you, you're always there and each one of us when we pray gets your full attention. How awesome  you are, dearest Lord. Your love for us is far greater than we could ever comprehend with our little mortal minds. I praise you Lord for who you are. You are my holy, loving, heavenly father and you gave your son Jesus to die for us because that was the only way to save us. Thank you Lord, I wish there were better words to express my gratitude but sometimes the simple words are best and I know you understand how I feel. Thank you Abba Father. Amen.

[note: Abba is a Hebrew word meaning daddy, it's a word a small child would use to speak to their  dad. The bible says:
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"
{romans 8:15}]


04:59:47 AM
I just wanted to say a great big thank you to all those who read these scribblings of mine. i may not always say it but I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read these posts. God has been speaking to me about letting people know how much  I appreciate them and about showing my gratitude more openly.  I am often blessed by things that people do, even little things, but I don't tell them often enough how I feel. May God bless you all!


Thursday, October 13, 2011 04:05:15 AM
Hi readers:

I was looking through a list of journalling prompts for things to write about since I'm in a mood for writing this morning and i might as well  make use of it, lol.  The prompt I found is:

what bible verse spoke to me today?

Here's the bible verse:
 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the
Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
[Galatians 2:20]

Thoughts:
As Christians we are  new  creations. We can't live for god and live in our own way at the same time, we have to choose which way we will go. We often face the choice, "Will I do what I want to do or will I do this god's way?"

I am encouraged in times like that by remembering that Jesus experienced the same temptations and challenges we face. I'm sure there were times when he wished he didn't have to go through with the Father's plan that sent Jesus to the cross to die for us. The difference is, Jesus always chose to go God's way. His prayer was "not my will but your will be done". When we are faced with the choice of going our way or god's way we can talk to Jesus  about it and ask his help to make the right decision and hold to it no matter what.

Thanks for reading and may god bless you! 

4:24:58
Hi again readers:

I told myself I wouldn't write about any other journalling prompts unless one really stuck out at me and grabbed my attention and guess what ?

I found a quote in my list that i didn't realise I had copied. I really like it. Here it is:

• “What in your life is calling you? When all the noise is silenced, the meetings adjourned, the lists laid aside, and the wild iris blooms by itself in
the dark forest, what still pulls on your soul? In the silence between your heartbeats hides a summons, do you hear it? Name it, if you must, or leave
it forever nameless, but why pretend it is not there?” - The Terma Collective


the thing that calls to me is music,  specifically singing. I love it. I've always been passionate about singing. I dreamed of being an opera singer but that never came to fruition. I feel drawn to my keyboard to sing a few times a day. Mostly what I sing is Christian praise and worship music but I sometimes sing other things, like the classical songs I learned when I was blessed enough to have a teacher.

I'm glad that sis and I have got back into singing at church, I really missed that. We also go to Garden court and sing and play piano there, although the piano there is woefully out of tune. We sometimes sing at the International Christian community website, they have a music event on Wednesday morning my time. I long to get back into singing at nursing homes, I loved doing that so much but there were reasons we couldn't continue to do it.

Well I think that will probably be my last entry for now, unless i find something else to comment on. I'm listening to a lovely worship song now called we all bow down. I like it.

Ok see you all later and thanks for reading.
4:39:07
you can tell I'm in the mood for writing today can't you?

• If you had to evacuate your home because of a natural disaster, what three things would you take with you?


We were in a situation similar to this once, the drama was that we had a tree in front of the house we lived in  that looked about ready to fall. the foundations of that house weren't very strong and we thought the place would collapse. There was a very strong wind that day so the emergency services people couldn't come and cut the tree down. We packed up in one heck of a hurry and I thought about the things I wouldn't want to leave without. i packed the bouquet of material flowers I carried when I was bridesmaid at my best friends' wedding, the candlesticks a dear friend in America sent me, some of my jewelry, a few clothes and things like that. Later we came back for the computer.

At that time there were bush fires in the surrounding areas but we weren't affected so people were being evacuated to our town. We were given a room in a hotel that was miles from the bathroom, well miles is an exaggeration but it felt that way. There was also a dust storm that night. It was not the most enjoyable night we ever spent.

Well if today there was a natural disaster and I could only take 3 things my handbag would be one of them because there's a fair bit of stuff in there, including my bible courier, which is a little black box with a memory card that has 2 versions of the bible that are read through a speech synthesizer, as well as my cane and miniguide and a few other odds and ends. If I could i would take my computer and also my piano keyboard. I would also want to take the candlesticks and perhaps a few of the little ornaments my Grandmother gave me before she died. yes, I know that's more than three things, but o well  never mind.

Thanks for reading.
Friday, October 14, 2011  03:44:49
Dear readers:

Well i don't know what happened to the earlier entry I put in here it seems to  have vanished. O well i know where else I posted it so i can get it back. I wrote that I was feeling very depressed, weak and vulnerable, and needed God's help.

Just a little while ago I went to my piano keyboard and sang some songs of worship to God. Just before I did that, I opened my bible as I always do an read some verses from the book of psalms which is my favourite book of the bible. here are the verses I came across this morning:

 I remember the days of old;
   I meditate on all that you have done;
   I ponder the work of your hands.
 I stretch out my hands to you;
   my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
                         Selah

 Answer me quickly, O LORD!
   My spirit fails!
Hide not your face from me,
   lest I be like those who go down to the pit.
 Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
   for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go,
   for to you I lift up my soul.
 Deliver me from my enemies, O LORD!
   I have fled to you for refuge!
 Teach me to do your will,
   for you are my God!
Let your good Spirit lead me
   on level ground!
 For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life!
   In your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble!
[Psalm 143:5-11]

wow! those verses perfectly fitted my situation. I read them aloud as a prayer to God. It's amazing how God knows what we need, and blesses us with  evidences that he knows what we are experiencing and is with us in our trouble. god is sooooo good!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:09:11 PM

I've been unwell today with gastric problems but I'm feeling a bit better now. I'm just sitting here listening to music and chatting online. I'm about to post this  to my blog.

I just heard that Gilad shalit has been  returned to Israel. I'm so glad about that, he was a prisoner with Hamas for 5  years it must be an amazing relief for him to be back in his homeland. God is good.

Well that's all I have to say for now so I'm going to post this. Should any of you wish to talk to me on twitter my id is
heartsong4jc
www.twitter.com/heartsong4jc
god bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment