Wednesday 3 August 2011

Rishie's Ramblings 28 July-4 August

Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:27:40 PM
Today would have been my Father's 63rd birthday. He died when he was 57. It still hurts though the pain is dulled by time. Grief like that never goes away completely I guess, it just gets dulled by time.  I'm a little sad but I know he's in heaven and I know he's happy.

11:29:35 PM
[ my reply to a prompt sent to one of my Christian journalling groups]
Are some of your friends so precious that you hold them to be as dear to you as family?  
O definitely. I call them my online family. I won't list them all but there are several of them. I have  some online sons, 2 online Mums, a few online sisters and quite a few online brothers as well as 1 online dad. I'm blessed.


11:57:46 PM
this quote was sent to one of my Christian journalling groups, here is the quote and my thoughts about it:
"Where your feet take you, that is who you are." Frederich Buechner

I like this quote it made me think about where I want my feet to take me, what I want to be and do with my life that god has given me.

My feet take me to my keyboard a few times a day to sing and praise God. I am passionate about singing, I would sing all day long if I didn't have other things to do. I have always loved to sing and I used to dream of being an opera singer. I would love to use the voice god gave me for some purpose. O Lord, show me what you want me to do and give me the strength and the willingness to do it. Amen.

Monday, August 01, 2011 9:12:52
A new month, what  does it hold? sometimes I think it would be nice to look ahead an know what was coming and at other times I'm glad I don't know. At least I know that god knows exactly what is going to happen to me this month, he knew all about my life from before the world was created. I can trust him in good times and bad times because he sees the bigger picture. The bible says:
 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.
[Isaiah 55:9]

so i know he knows everything and how each situation will turn out. I find that thought very comforting. I hope this month will be a good one for all of us but if it isn't at least I know god has his hand on everything that happens and his way is always best.


Tuesday, August 02, 2011 03:07:46 PM
Fear.
It claws at my gut and makes my heart race.
A hundred "What if"  scenarios fill my mind,
my peace goes out the window.
"God, are you out there?" 
but the noise in my mind makes it hard to hear him.
the world says "don't worry be happy".
what planet are you from?
Do you think its as easy as that?

 the bible says "Fear not" 
but Lord that is so hard!
Maybe if I did this or that
then maybe you would help me?
If I promised not to do ...
or if I promise I'll do ...
won't you help me then ?


The choice is ours.
will we worry and stress and fret?
or will we trust and have faith in god?
worrying, what good does  it do us? What help does it give us? it only puts our blood pressure up and keeps us awake at night. Jesus has this to say about worry:

And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
[Matthew 6:27]

I was confronted by this today when I got a call that my doctor wants to see me. I had a blood test last week and I guess he wants to discuss it with me. fear immediately seized  me and hit me with a heap of reasons why the Doctor wants to see me, none of them good. I had to make the choice, do I give into fear or do I trust God? It's not easy, it's a moment by moment choice. Fear doesn't give up easily, it keeps coming back and trying to take control, so we must keep choosing to trust god and ask his help to deal with our fears. Meditating on scriptures like this will help:
fear not, for I am with you;
   be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
[Isaiah 41:10]

god tells us several times in scripture to "fear not"  so I guess he wants us to  take it seriously.
 God, give me strength to resist fear when it comes knocking. Help me to trust that you do know what you are doing and you know exactly what is going on with me. I give you praise because you said in your word:
 "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
[Hebrews 13:5]
 Help me to cling to promises like that when I am tempted to give into fear. Amen. 

Thursday, August 04, 2011 1:33:03 AM
Well it's time again to upload this to my blog. It has certainly been an interesting week. i heard a Christian comedian describe the Christian life as interesting. I think I can agree with that. God doesn't want us to get caught in a rut of routine, he wants our life to be interesting, as we grow in maturity and know more about God and do what he says. It requires  faith to live like that but god has given us the measure of faith.

well I will leave you with that thought and go and upload this. God bless you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment