Sunday 3 April 2011

devotional on loneliness

 Psalm 68:6
God places lonely people in families. He leads prisoners out of prison into productive lives,but rebellious people must live in an unproductive land.
[GWT]

\Are you a lonely person? Do you think that there aren't many people in your life who care about you? Do you feel alone in a crowd? There are many of us who can relate. i have already talked about the difficulties of my teenage years and thinking that noone loved me even though I was wrong to think that way. I was among family and among other good people but I felt isolated and yes, I felt very lonely.

If you are feeling lonely then i have three thoughts i want to share with you.
1. God is always with you he will never leave or forsake you.
God promised this in his word.:
for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
[Hebrews 13:5b]
and
And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

[Matthew 28:20 B]

If we feel lonely all we need to do is whisper a prayer to him. He is there with us; not physically but very present anyway. . the thing that first attracted me to Jesus was that I was told he would be my very best friend, and he has been. No matter what I've done or where I've been he has always been with me just as he promised. . if he did it for me he will do it for you too so take heart and whisper a prayer and you will see what a wonderful friend he can be.
2. God will, if you ask him, bring people around you; he will give you friends who will understand you and be able to help you.
The bible says that
God places lonely people in families.
[Psalm 68:6]
God brought some wonderful people into my life, especially my two best friends. We became a family and we picked up other family members over the years. God has also brought improvements in my relationship with what I call my natural family. We aren't as close as some families are but we are on the way. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if god did it for me he will do it for you, you just need to ask him.

3. if you are a Christian then you are part of the biggest family ever! The bible says:
 Because of his love, God had already decided to make us his own children through Jesus Christ. That was what he wanted and what pleased him,
[Ephesians 1:5 NCV]

How can we be part of God's family? Well he adopted us. God and his son Jesus and the Holy Spirit were like a family but God decided to adopt us into his family through what Jesus did for us on the cross. That doesn't make us God, just like being adopted into a natural family doesn't give us the genetic make-up of the adoptive parents, but it does make us part of the biggest family ever. Every Christian in the world is our brother or sister. If you are feeling lonely ask God to bring some Christian brothers and sisters into your life.

I hope my words have given comfort and maybe some food for thought for anyone who is feeling lonely out there. if you have any questions or comments you can email me at
rishie@dodo.com.au
I don't know all the answers though, of course.


Prayer:
lord I thank you that you are always with me, you never leave me. I pray for anyone reading this who is dealig with loneliness or feeling unwanted. Pleas assure that person that you do love them and, if they are one of your children, that you will never leave or forsake them. Thank you lord for all you do for us every single day. I pray in jesus' name, amen.
may God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment